Role: Technical Writer.
Location: Naas, Co.Kildare
We are looking for a technical writer with a background in a Hardware and/or software industry and experience of writing Technical documents and manuals for of varying degrees of complexity to meet the needs of customers, partners, and employees.
The ideal candidate would be a self-motivated individual with excellent communication skills who thrives in a collaborative team environment. The role will report to the Product Manager.
Technical Documentation Development: Develop technical documentation which include but not limited to:
• System Technical Requirements Documents (TRD’s)
• Product user manuals
• Product Specification documents
• Production manuals and other internal process documentation
• Software release documents
• Customer facing video content
Interact proactively with members of the product management, engineering, customer support, and sales and marketing teams to continuously improve the existing documentation.
Content Management: Maintain content for and manage multiple projects simultaneously; learn the products and work as an integral part of the product team.
Document: Translate complex technical concepts into understandable and easy-to-use documentation
Documentation Management and Process: Initiate, plan and manage new documentation projects.
1. Work closely with stakeholders to assess objectives
2. Deliver a documentation plan
3. Hit milestones in Doc plan
4. Deliver a completed document
5. Continuously improve the existing documentation
Skills / Background & Qualifications
1. Diploma/post graduate in Technical communication or Engineering or Computer Science
2. 2-3 years’ experience as a documentation specialist or technical writer for Hardware and/or software products.
3. Technical writing, instructional design and editing skills.
4. Proven ability to adhere closely to corporate style, terminology, and conventions
5. Ability to maintain, enhance and enforce documentation style guidelines.
6. Flexibility and adaptability.
7. Ability to multitask and manage own workload in a fast-paced environment.
8. Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to work within team deadlines.
9. Demonstrates a solid interest in and aptitude for learning new technologies
10. Strong communication and team skills.
11. Attention to detail.
12. Experience of working with image editing tools.
13. Fluency in English.
Nice to Have
1. Experience working with multiple and remote teams.
2. Experience working in an Agile development environment.
3. Experience working with programming languages.
4. Experience with advanced photography concepts
5. Experience writing documentation for hardware applications
Rewards: The Company offers a very competitive salary and benefits package based on market rates, which includes a generous annual leave entitlement, contributory pension, benefits allowance, flexible start & finish times, death in service assurance and permanent health insurance (PHI)
Caroline Donlon is the point of contact for this role. To have a chat or to ask any questions you may have, get in touch with her via e-mail at email@example.com, or via phone at +353 (0) 1 +353 1 9630264