Role: Test Engineer
Location: Dublin 9
We are currently seeking a Test Engineer for our international Irish owned client. This role will work as part of a team and contribute to the advancement of the clients Product Suite including Computer vision algorithms, Image and point cloud processing and UI development.
Software is central to all our clients' products which typically deploy embedded software on a Linux ARM based platform with a range of software products for Data Processing and Visualisation, Realtime Control and Machine Learning. The software products are developed in C++, C# and running in a Windows environment.
This role will report to the Test Lead.
• Estimating test efforts along with identifying hardware, software and any other requirements
• Working closely with Scrum team members to clarify requirements, ensure they are testable and can be automated
• Defining and writing test plans and cases based off requirements documents
• Scheduling and executing test cases, logging results and defects and following issues through to resolution and escalating issues where appropriate
• Working closely with developers and Product Owners to continually refine software test requirements and provide feedback on user scenarios.
• Provide feedback on system design (functional and technical).
• Automation of regression test cases where applicable
• Identify gaps in testing process and offer suggestions on how to improve
Qualifications & Experience
1. Qualifications – Minimum of bachelor’s Degree in computer Science\Engineering.
2. Relevant experience – 3+ years industry experience in a Test Engineering role.
3. Python and/or Bash scripting experience
4. Linux and windows environment experience
5. Excellent debugging, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
6. Experienced in test process definition and implementation
7. Experience in JIRA or similar test defect/case tracking tool
• Degree in a computer related discipline,
• Experience in designing, developing, executing and reporting on performance tests
• Experience with internet protocols including UDP and TCP/IP.
• ISTQB qualification
• Familiarity with embedded systems
Nice to have:
- Image processing, computer vision and machine vision
- 3D data visualisation and review using point cloud and or image data in a geo spatial environment.
- Processing of 2D &/ 3D data using feature recognition, automated event detection and classification using machine vision and machine learning algorithms
- Data management tools and cloud-based data technologies
Rewards: The Company offers a very competitive salary and benefits package based on market rates, which includes a generous annual leave entitlement, contributory pension, benefits allowance, flexible start & finish times, death in service assurance and permanent health insurance (PHI)
Caroline Donlon is the point of contact for this role. To have a chat or to ask any questions you may have, get in touch with her via e-mail at email@example.com, or via phone at +353 (0) 1 +353 1 9630264