Updated: Monday, 03 December 2018
Role: We are currently seeking a Software Engineer to join our Irish owned international client. This role will work as part of a team and contribute to the advancement of their Product Suite including Computer vision algorithms, Image and point cloud processing and UI development.
Software is central to all our client’s products which typically deploy embedded software on a Linux ARM based platform with a range of software products for Data Processing and Visualisation, Realtime Control and Machine Learning. The software products are developed in C++, C# and running in a Windows environment. This role will report to the Software Development Manager and will be based in their Dublin.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Software Products: Development of software products and tools which interact with and process data from embedded applications.
- UI Development: Development of UI’s for 2D and 3D Visualisation including machine vision/machine learning processes.
- Machine vision: Development of machine vision algorithms for measurement and visualisation.
- GUI Maintenance and Development: Maintenance of existing control and configuration GUIs including enhancements and bug fixing.
1. Minimum of Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science\Engineering and demonstrable CPD (Continuing Professional Development) post-graduation.
2. A minimum of 3 years software development experience.
3. Proven hands-on development experience using C# and/or C ++ in a Windows environment
4. Demonstrable experience in delivery of tasks and projects to deadlines whilst achieving required quality and functionality.
5. Proven experience working on both individual and cross functional teams
It would be advantageous to have experience in some or all the following:
2. Image processing or machine vision experience
3. OpenGL libraries
4. .NET & WPF and/or Windows Forms & C#
5. Developing user interfaces for embedded or smart devices
6. Working with RESTful interfaces and/or TCP/IP interfaces
7. Knowledge of 3D math and linear algebra
Do you have experience in any of the following areas?:
- Image processing, computer vision and machine vision
- 3D data visualisation and review using point cloud and or image data in a geo spatial environment.
- Processing of 2D &/ 3D data using feature recognition, automated event detection and classification using machine vision and machine learning algorithms
- Data management tools and cloud-based data technologies
Remuneration and Benefits:
The Company offers a very competitive salary and benefits package based on market rates, which includes a generous annual leave entitlement, contributory pension, benefits allowance, flexible start & finish times, death in service assurance and PHI.
Caroline Donlon is the point of contact for this role. To have a chat or to ask any questions you may have, get in touch with her via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via phone at +353 (0) 1 +353 1 9630264
C++, C#, Python scripting, bash scripting, jira, UI Development, Frontend, Image processing or machine vision experience, OpenGL libraries, .NET, WPF,Windows Forms, C#, smart devices, RESTful interfaces, 3D math and linear algebra
Third level degree
salary and benefits package based on market rates, which includes a generous annual leave entitlement, contributory pension, benefits allowance, flexible start & finish times, death in service assurance and permanent health insurance (PHI)