Site Manager | Residential Experience | Citywest
- One of Ireland's top house building companies.
- Permanent Dublin Role
- Large Prestigious Residential/Mixed-use Developments
- Generous Salary and Benefits package with a clear scope for career progression.
- Manage a project from tender stage through to final handover.
WG Reach’s client is a leading Irish house building company with a significant portfolio of work, both in construction and in planning. Our clients are currently seeking application for the role of an experienced Site Manager for large scale multi-contract residential/mixed-use developments across the greater Dublin area.
Overview of Site Manager Responsibilities:
- The Site Manager must be able to function autonomously and jointly with Project Manager. He/She must routinely make management decisions pertaining to project issues with minimal supervision throughout the life of the project
- Must be technically competent with the ability to set and track project milestones and deliverables
- As a Site Manager you will act as a liaison between the company and external Client executives so as to protect the Company and the specific project, to resolve issues or concerns in conjunction with the senior management
- Instruct, coach and direct the project staff with respect to construction, contractual, and regulatory requirements with responsibility for assigned work
- Responsibility for the delivery of the job on time, within specification and on budget
- The Site Manager will ensure all personnel on site conduct their duties to the highest standards
- Manage day to day operational duties
- Demonstrates continuous efforts to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Develop and deliver progress reports, analyse results and troubleshoot problem areas
- Build, grow and develop business relationships for the success of the project
- Provide feedback and record information from the project for ‘lessons learnt seminars’ and for continuous staff development.
Necessary skills and requirements:
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Site Manager role, at least some of which must have been on high volume residential projects.
- Previous Site Manager experience with main building contractor is preferable
- Knowledge of construction methods and best practice, technologies and materials
- Knowledge and understanding of subcontract/material procurement
- Knowledge of Management Systems
- Knowledge of standards and specifications
- Knowledge of Safety & Health and Quality Policies and Procedures
- Have a proven track record of seeing projects through to their successful completion.
- Strong and effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytically thinker with demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at a high level of quality
- Ability to work well under pressure and within a strict deadline environment
For more information about this Site Managers role or other Construction roles, contact Alan Mooney in WG Reach on +353 (0)1 963 0142 or +353 (0)87 700 7257