M&E Services Coordinator | Dublin
- Tier 1 Main Contractor
- Turnover in excess of €250 Million
- Dublin based role
- Prestigious projects in the Pharmaceutical, Data-Center, Residential, Commercial, Mixed-Use sectors.
WG Reach’s client is a leading Tier 1 main contractor with an annual turnover in excess of €250 Milion. Presently we are recruiting for an M&E Services Coordinator to be based in the Dublin area. This is an excellent opportunity to join a Tier 1 Main Contractor. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a generous salary and benefits packages as well as clearly defined career progression opportunities.
As a Services Coordinator/Building Services Engineer your role will be to coordinate and control specialist engineering installations and ensure that the work is completed with accordance with the specification and completed programme.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor, co-ordinate and control the flow of M&E design information to ensure the timely release of information for construction activities.
- Ensuring the M&E designers identify hazards and assess risks to health and safety when designing the works.
- Review M&E design information at tender stage and undertake a full design gap analysis to advise the bidding team of any design shortfalls.
- Ensure all required approvals (statutory, regulatory, client and company) are in place as and when required.
- As a Services Coordinator you will assist in ensuring that the M&E designers produce design development programmes which meet the needs of the contract programme, and review the programmes regularly as required.
- Assist, when required, in the selection and appointment of the M&E consultant designers and design and build sub-contractors.
- Ensure M&E information released for construction has been reviewed by all interface designers and construction team and amended/approved prior to issue for construction and is in line with the specification/ contract.
- Ensure M&E designs and details produced are economic and do not exceed budgeted or estimated cost without good reason and are in conformance with the specified or detailed requirements for quality.
- Ensure the M&E design is validated on completion of the works.
- Adhering to the company H&S policy.
- Keep appropriate cost and installation records including the witnessing of testing and commissioning as required?
- Carry out cost checks on M&E design proposals and report serious deviations to senior management immediately.
- Ensure risk assessments are carried out and all risks identified.
- Assist in the production of O & M manuals on completion of the project.
- The Services Coordinator will ensure that specialist mechanical and electrical sub-contractors work strictly within company Safety Management System and comply fully with all its requirements.
- Promote the use of off-site manufacturing to ensure programme and quality requirements are achieved using modern methods.
- To ensure that production controls are in place for monitoring, reporting, benchmarking works and improving performance.
- 3rd level qualifications in Building Services Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- The Services Coordinator will ideally possess 3+ years’ experience working for a recognised construction companies within Ireland, UK or Mainland Europe
- Knowledge of Building Sector coupled with experience in data centres / pharmaceuticals / commercial / industrial etc.
- Previous employment as a M&E Co-ordinator, Building Services Coordinator, M&E Manager, Building Services Manager or Building Services Engineer
- Previous Main Contractor and M&E Subcontractor backgrounds required.
For more information on this Services Coordinator opportunity or other Construction Opportunities, feel free to apply in confidence or speak to Alan Mooney at WG Reach on +353 (0)1 963 0142 / +353 (0)87 700 7257