Senior Engineer | Dublin
- Tier 1 Main Contractor
- Turnover in excess of €250 Million
- Dublin based role
- Prestigious projects in the Pharmaceutical, Data-Center, Residential, Commercial, Mixed-Use sectors.
WG Reach’s client is a leading Tier 1 main contractor with an annual turnover in excess of €250 Million. Presently we are recruiting for Senior Engineers to be based in the Dublin area. As a Senior Engineer you will receive backing from management for career development as the company seeks to look for the leaders of tomorrow. Become a Senior Engineer with a building contractor with an outstanding reputation in the market on large scale construction projects.
Senior Engineer Responsibilities:
- Managing a team of Engineers.
- Ensuring all contractors on site is working to the latest set of construction drawings / details.
- As a Senior Engineer you will be liaising with the local authority, clients and their representatives (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws & setting coordinates.
- Maintaining the drawing register, stamp drawings “received” and filing superseded drawings.
- Ensuring that the drawing rack is up-to-date with the latest drawing.
- Ensuring drawing rack is labelled correctly & precisely for ease of use by other members of the site team.
- Check, understand and interpret specifications and drawings. Inform site management of potential issues that could affect sequencing of works, and timely procurement of isolate elements.
- Checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations
- Raise RFI’s if information is not clear on drawing and chase for response.
- Maintain RFI register, and update for every progress meeting / Design Team Meeting.
- Liaise with QS when raising RFI’s to ensure maximum scope
- Resolve discrepancies identified on drawings and specifications.
- Monitor quality of workmanship & materials,
- Prepare and review pre –pour sheets for all elements of work.
- The Senior Engineer will attach post pour sheet & pre pour and file as per BCAR requirements. Ensure sufficient progress photos are taken and filed correctly.
- Quality – ensure all testing of materials – blocks, hardcore, CBR’s etc… are carried out as per HHP / MCOH specification, and results are issued in a timely manner.
- Issuing NCR to contractors during works / when work completed on site is not to specification or tolerance.
- Close out NCR’s with contractors and inform QS of delays or costs incurred
- Keep a daily of all relevant events.
- Maintain as built drawings, liaising with site management to meet project deadlines.
- Ordering materials for external works, labour only contractors – ensuring there is sufficient orders place in adequate time to avoid delays on site.
- the Senior Engineer will be coordinating external works and liaising with PM / SM to ensure there is no delays caused due to coordinating external works and internal works.
- Where possible maximizing plant and materials between both external & internal works. I.e. crane, concrete etc.
- Issue the relevant permits along with SM for hot works, excavations, etc.
- 3rd level Qualification in Engineering or Construction Management
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Building Projects working for recognised contractors
- Strong operational skills and an attention to detail, and experience of the design build process
- Familiar with MS Office applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong customers focus skills and attitude.
- Strong and effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical thinker with demonstrated problem solving skills
- Previous people management experience required.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at a high level of quality
- Ability to work well under pressure and within a strict deadline environment
For more information on this Senior Engineer opportunity or other Construction Opportunities, feel free to apply in confidence or speak to Alan Mooney at WG Reach on +353 (0) 963 0142 / +353 (0)87 700 7257