Senior DevOps Engineer
Our client prides themselves on a good company culture and working environment. By working at with this company you will get an opportunity to become part of a highly knowledgeable and experienced team, learn valuable new skills, and help transform the way legitimate academic qualifications are verified around the world.
This technical role is to maintain, manage and continuously improve our SaaS platform, deployment, and system processes. The successful applicant will be required to:
- Manage and continuously develop our AWS-based infrastructure as a code to automatically handle continuous integration, rolling deployments, failover, auto-scaling, and backups
- Build and support continuous monitoring and alerting for production environments in Europe and Australia
- Automating deployment of Java applications, system configurations and security settings
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with different areas of the business internally and externally with vendors and customers.
- Be part of the infrastructure lifecycle, with occasional rostered on call duty outside of business hours for application releases, patching cycles, incident response and disaster recovery exercises
- 3+ years professional experience in a DevOps or AWS-based systems administration role
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of AWS EC2, S3, ElasticSearch, RDS, Autoscaling, KMS, AMI build process
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker for at least one year
- Good knowledge of at least one of the config management tools, e.g. Puppet/Ansible/Chef/Terraform/etc
- Strong experience with one of the CI/CD tools: Bamboo, Jenkins (desirable), etc.
- Excellent knowledge of at least one of the Linux OS (Debian/RHEL (desirable)/CentOS) and bash scripting
- Previous experience in formal change management processes
- Good understanding of TCP/IP protocols, SSH and HTTPS work principles
- Excellent troubleshooting and incident root cause analysis skills
- BSc in Computer Science or related field
- AWS ElastiCache, CloudHSM, VPC networking, VPN solutions (OpenVPN, AWS VPN)
- Java application build skills
- Sumo Logic or ELK log shipping/analytics platform skills is a big plus
They offer a competitive salary and benefits package for the right individual.
Enquiries to: email@example.com