Project Manager | Munster
- Tier 1 Main Contractor.
- Excellent opportunity for career growth and development.
- Munster based location on a prestigious project.
- Generous Salary and Benefits Package.
WG Reach’s client are a Tier 1 Main Contractor with an annual turnover in excess of €250 Million. They have active projects in the Commercial, Industrial, Pharmaceutical, Medical-Devices, Data-Center, Mission Critical, Healthcare and High End Residential.
We are presently recruiting for a Project Manager to be based on projects in the Munster area. The successful Project Manager will have the opportunity to work on a multitude of exciting and large projects. An excellent remunerations package is on offer to the right candidate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Project Manager must be able to function autonomously and jointly with Director. They must routinely make management decisions pertaining to project issues with minimal supervision throughout the life of the project
- As a Project Manager you must be able to demonstrate strong Commercial awareness and Cost Control ability with a proven track record in the area of construction planning
- Must be technically competent with the ability to set and track project milestones and deliverables
- Must function effectively as liaison between the company and external Client executives so as to protect the Company and the specific project, to resolve issues or concerns in conjunction with the Board of Directors
- Instruct, coach and direct the project staff with respect to construction, contractual and regulatory requirements with responsibility for assigned work
- Responsibility for the delivery of the job on time, within specification and on budget
- The Project Manager will manage day to day operational duties
- Develop and deliver progress reports, analyse results and troubleshoot problem areas
- Build, grow and develop business relationships for the success of the project
- Provide feedback and record information from the project for ‘lessons learnt seminars’ and for continuous staff development
Necessary Skills & Requirements:
- An Engineering/Construction Management/Project Management Degree required or appropriate relevant experience
- Minimum 10 years experience, preferably with a Main Contractor in Ireland or the UK.
- Minimum 10 years management experience required - preferably at Senior Level
- Thorough knowledge of computer and database applications such as Windows, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project/Power Project etc.
- Thorough understanding of the construction industry and broad understanding of regulatory requirements
- Excellent ability to analyse and interpret contractual documents
- Proven excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal and negotiation skills required.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a changing work environment are essential.
For more information about this role or other Construction roles, contact Alan Mooney in WG Reach on +353 (0)1 963 0142 or +353 (0)87 700 7257