Role: Payroll Assistant
Type: 12-month Fixed Term Contract (with potential for extension)
The Payroll Assistant will support the Payroll Manager to manage and co-ordinate the payroll life cycle and Payroll function. They will ensure a quality related payroll service is delivered, assisting managers and employees with general questions and issues while delivering a high-quality customer service.
Knowledge & Experience
• At least 2-3 years’ experience in payroll
• Experience using MiraclePay or other similar systems such as CorePay/Micropay
• Ideally will have an IPASS qualification (or working towards this)
• Thorough knowledge of Employment Laws relating to payment of wages, sick leave, annual leave etc.
• Strong organisational and administrative skills are essential for this role
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, high volume HR department
• Assist with managing the payroll across the group (800 employees across multiple sites)
• Assist with setup up of new staff ensuring all communications are sent.
• Calculate and enter all required payroll amendments
• Assist with tax and deduction related queries, provide timely and effective support / advice
• Ensure compliance with monthly & yearly tax obligations
• Ensure all employer obligations are managed accordingly in accordance with revenue deadlines via ROS
• Answer general revenue queries
• Ensure all AVCs, Pension, Union fees, VHI, Car and Medical Insurance BIK calculations are implemented on time.
• Assist with the preparation and submitting of the Central Statistical Office Obligations
• Ad-hoc reporting as required by management
• Work with the HR team to provide support as required
• Assist with special projects related to the payroll function.
• Ensure Pensions, AVC’s, VHI, Revenue, Union Fees are reconciled and returned in a timely manner.
Our Client has requested that all applicants should hold citizenship of EU or EEA member state OR have permission to reside/work in the Republic of Ireland without the need to obtain, renew or change the status of a Critical Skills Permit/VISA.
Caroline Donlon is the point of contact for this role. To have a chat or to ask any questions you may have, get in touch with her at email@example.com, or via phone +353 1 901 2246