M&E Quantity Surveyors | Dublin or Cork
- Positions available in a range of projects including commercial, industrial, Pharmaceutical and Data Centers.
- One of the top 5 M&E Contractors in Ireland with significant annual turnover.
- Excellent package & career development prospects.
- Positions available at all levels from 2/3 years experience upwards.
- Support to gain chartered status available.
- Remuneration package commensurate with experience levels.
- Clearly defined path for career progression.
WG Reach are presently recruiting for a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation Contractor for projects in Dublin, Cork and Mainland Europe. Our client are presently recruiting for an experienced M&E Quantity Surveyor with at least 2 years post qualified experience on a Construction projects in Europe.
This role will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to grow their career with one of the most prestigious and well-known M/E/I contractors in Ireland. The role of M&E Quantity Surveyor comes with an excellent remuneration package and a clear path for career progression within one of Ireland’s leading M&E contractor. You will also gain exposure to some of Ireland’s most prestigious projects in excess of €40 million.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reviewing of contracts, and ensuring compliance
- Procurement – operational procurement activity and contract support, in conjunction with the Procurement Department
- Managing and forecasting the cash flow of a series of projects and the business
- Reviewing and commercial management of all projects, to ensure accurate and reliable reporting
- Identify, analyse and report on trends within the business & projects
- Provide data and analysis of issues & risks as required by management
- Improve and implement best practice commercial processes and accurate budgeting
- Ensure compliance with Contract Programme /Schedule and provide weekly reports to construction team on planned versus actual progress
- Review all incoming correspondence from employers, design team and /or subcontractors, to identify contractually critical items and to initiate replies
- To ensure construction team is adhering to all contractual requirements and providing advice and monitoring of same
- Ensure reporting is in line with group policies & highlight exceptions to management
- You will manage a team of quantity surveyors to ensure all commercial aspects of the business are managed effectively
- As an M&E Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for cost controlling costs on projects and ensuring budgets are achieved.
- Management of the client relationships from a commercial perspective and ensuring all final accounts are agreed, whilst retaining the business relationship.
- Proactive engagement with the project managers on all live projects, to ensure the business goals are achieved and the commercial interest of the company are protected
- Monitoring projects through design stage and working with the design team to ensure project deliverables are achieved and project risks are minimised
- Issuing tender queries and preparation of tender reports and letting of sub-contract packages
- Preparing progress applications and cost reports, and monthly management accounts for each project.
- Manage subcontractor accounts, interim valuations and final accounts. Ensure payment certificates are processed and payments are made per the agreed sub-contract and procurement terms. Retentions apply as per agreements.
- Ability to administer the contract obligations and meet additional client requirements. Issue interim and final accounts and progress applications per project and contract requirements. Monthly applications to be all inclusive of accurate remeasures, site changes, dayworks and any applicable contract claims. Identify escalations, material or labour, as appropriate.
- 3rd level Qualification in Quantity Surveying / Construction economics
- Have gained a minimum of 2+ years’ experience working on building projects in the UK or Ireland as a Quantity Surveyor, working with a recognised Contractor in either CSA or M&E.
- A proven track record of quantity surveying fundamentals is essential.
- Strong operational skills and an attention to detail, and experience of the design build process.
For more information about this M&E Quantity Surveyor Job or other Construction or Engineering roles please contact Alan Mooney on +353 (0)1 96 0142 / +353 (0)85 838 6357