Role: Junior Accountant
About the Junior Accountant role:
This role involves becoming a member of the Finance team of our client who is a large multinational engineering company. We are looking to recruit a high calibre, driven and ambitious individual, based in our Limerick office. Our client currently has 12 members in our Finance team and this is a good opportunity to join an established team that will support your Exams/Study.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly, quarterly & annual management accounts.
- Candidates should ideally have a good working knowledge of the Irish VAT and RCT systems.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations, daily/weekly cash flow projections, maintenance of nominal ledgers, maintenance of fixed asset register.
- Knowledge of Revenue & CSO returns would be helpful.
- Work in tandem with the Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable departments, resolving any queries which they may have, and analysing Aged reports in detail.
- Candidates must be able to meet weekly/monthly deadlines and be able to work well under pressure
- Candidates must be able to work under own initiative when required and be able to perform tasks as part of the overall Finance team.
- Candidates MUST have very good proficiency in MS Excel
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Accountancy/Finance related Degree from a Third Level Institution is essential.
- As this is a trainee role we are ideally looking for candidates who are currently sitting their accountancy exams (ACCA or CPA preferably).
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role in Ireland or the UK is required.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Very good IT skills, as a variety of software is used in the role.
- Full clean driver’s license and own transport essential.
What our client offers you:
- Opportunity to join an established accountancy team
- Long Term Career Prospects
- Generous Salary
- Good work/life balance
- Support for completion of Exams/Study
Our Client has requested that all applicants should hold citizenship of EU or EEA member state OR have permission to reside/work in the Republic of Ireland without the need to obtain, renew or change the status of a Critical Skills Permit/VISA.
Caroline Donlon is the point of contact for this role. To have a chat or to ask any questions you may have, get in touch with her via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via phone +353 1 9630264