Role: Trainee Financial Accountant - German speaking
Our client is a large global software company. As part of a world class and diverse accounting team the Financial Accountant will be challenged with providing continual improvement in controls and processes, rolling out automation, while ensuring highest standards in assurance, and will assist with monthly local statutory accounting (including audit) and other statutory compliance reporting and filing as well as US GAAP accounting.
What you will be doing…
- Assist the Accounting team with timely and accurate US GAAP general ledger accounting close, including journal preparation, approval and accounts validation;
- Review of journals and reconciliations produced by general ledger transactional team;
- Prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations in Blackline, Fixed Asset Accounting;
- Provide analysis of movements in accounts between periods; Balance Sheet reviews;
- Assist with filing VAT returns;
- Assist the corporate tax team on local tax related matters;
- Assist with preparing the annual Statutory Financial Statements for assigned entities under local GAAP and manage related audits;
- Provide support in the integration of companies acquired by the group;
- Provide accounting support to internal stakeholders as required (Payroll, Transactional GL team, Accounts Payable, Corporate Accounting, Indirect Tax, etc);
- Participate and support the Accounting team in projects as required;
- Review and streamline processes and identify areas for potential improvement within group
- Ensure compliance of the assigned entities with corporate policies and local statutory legislation.
You will be skilled in these areas…
- Fluent German Language required. Additional European language would be an advantage
- Experience of working in a multinational environment, preferably in Shared Services Structure would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite with emphasis on Excel
- SAP or other ERP knowledge would be an advantage
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills required
- Commitment to process improvement and best practices implementation
- Ability to work in an environment where compliance with processes and procedures is paramount
- Customer focused – ability to take responsibility to follow through on issues
- Detail oriented, efficient and organized, with ability to work to strict deadlines
- Degree or diploma in Accounting or Finance would be an advantage
What we will provide for you…
- You will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists.
- You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow and learn.
- Competitive salary with a strong benefits package.
If you can answer yes to the following questions, please get in touch!
- Are you a native/fluent German language speaker?
- Have you worked in a multinational environment, preferably in Shared Services Structure? Technology Companies preferable
- Do you have experience with SAP (or similar ERP)?
- Do you have advanced Excel skills (VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables, complex formulae)?
- Do you hold a business qualification (accounting inclusive preferred)?
Caroline Donlon is the point of contact for this role. To have a chat or to ask any questions you may have, get in touch with her via e-mail at email@example.com, or via phone +353 1 9012246