Health & Safety Advisor | Newcastle
- One of Ireland's top house building companies.
- Permanent Dublin Role
- Large Residential Projects - Housing & Apartments
- Generous Salary and Benefits package with a clear scope for career progression.
WG Reach’s client is a leading Irish house building company with a significant portfolio of work, both in construction and in planning. Our clients are currently seeking application for the role of a Health & Safety Advisor to manage Health & Safety on sites around Dublin. Reporting directly to the Health & Safety Manager you will be responsible for implementing the company safety management system. This is an excellent opportunity to advance your career and get onboard with one of Irelands most sought-after developers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as part of the Construction management team to ensure the provision of a safe and productive work environment.
- Always seek to improve the standard of Health & Safety in a practical manner within the company management system and on specific sites.
- Monitor and enforce the implementation of the companies Health & Safety Management System.
- Identify site specific hazards and ensure they are addressed in the site documentation and in a practical manner on the site.
- Ensure clear lines of communication are maintained to the H&S Manager.
- Ensure the site folders and statutory records are being maintained on site.
- Ensure strict adherence to site rules by all contractors.
- Assist site management to comply with statutory H&S requirements.
- Assist Health & Safety Manager to develop and implement Risk assessments and improvements to the companies Safe Systems of Work.
- Assist Site management to ensure Contractor Compliance on multiple Sites.
- Assist H&S Manager and Site management to coordinate the safe systems of work for contractors.
- Enforce site specific disciplinary procedures.
- Carry out H & S auditing on site and address non-conformances as they are identified with site management and contractors.
- Contribute to accident and incident investigation.
- Contribute to the Tool Box talk topics, discussion and delivery.
- Identify training needs on site for the companies personnel and the contractors.
Necessary skills and requirements:
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing safety systems in construction is required, including a qualification in Occupational Health and Safety
- Member of IOSH (Institute of Occupational Safety and Health) preferred
- Able to manage Health and Safety on-site using their own initiative within the scope of the management system
- Strong relationship builder and ability to leverage key relationships across the full spectrum of project stakeholders and statutory bodies
- Ability to manage risk and implement control measures
- Able to work and build strong relationships with contractors from various backgrounds and trades
- Able to chair and deliver Health and Safety meetings and presentations
For more information about this Health & Safety Advisors role or other Construction roles, contact Alan Mooney in WG Reach on +353 (0)1 963 0142 or +353 (0)87 700 7257