Role: Hire Fitter/Technician
Our client is the market leader in the builder’s merchanting industry in the Republic of Ireland.
To work closely with the Hire Department Manager to ensure a high level of service to our customers while also adhering to high work standards.
Knowledge & Experience
- Comprehensive product knowledge with experience in the Hire industry
- Proven experience in a busy hire department
- Maintenance and service of our large plant items to include;
- Mini Excavators
- Mini Dumpers
- Road Compressors
- Vibrating Rollers
Maintenance and service of our small plant items to include:
- Cement Mixers
- Concrete Power Float
- Plate Compactor
- Poker Vibrators
Maintenance and service of our electrical tools to include: Angle grinders, Circular saw, Hammer drills, Breaker, Sanders.
Maintenance and service of engine types:
- Honda 4 stroke petrol
- Lister / Yammer 4 Stroke diesel
- Partner / Makita / Husqvarna Petrol 2 stroke
Assisting in the general / day to day running of a busy hire department:
- On site repairs and breakdowns.
- Ensure safety standards are met and safe working practices adhered too.
- Test and run for small fleet (pat test)
- Maintenance and light repair on small tool fleet
- Safeguard the assets of the company
- Ensure all company policies are implemented accordingly
- Be responsible for the safety of staff and customers
- Responsible for the upkeep of the shop and warehouse
- Assist in entering data onto the hire computer system
- Effective team working
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- The flexibility and willingness to learn
- To enjoy working with people
- Dynamic, motivated & driven to achieve targets
- Excellent organisation and attention to detail
- Ability to manage and anticipate change
- IT literacy and the ability to handle analytical data
- Branch Colleagues
- Branch Manager
- Regional Director
- Area Hire Manager
- Commercial Manager
- Support Office Team
- Customers & Suppliers
Our Client has requested that all applicants should hold citizenship of EU or EEA member state OR have permission to reside/work in the Republic of Ireland without the need to obtain, renew or change the status of a Critical Skills Permit/VISA.
Caroline Donlon is the point of contact for this role. To have a chat or to ask any questions you may have, get in touch with her via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via phone +353 1 9630264