Role: General Ledger Accountant
This hire will be responsible for all statutory reporting and compliance for our client’s group companies throughout the world. As part of a world class and diverse accounting team the Senior Compliance Accountant will be challenged with providing continual improvement in controls and processes, rolling out automation, while ensuring highest standards in assurance, and will be responsible for monthly local statutory accounting (including audit) and other statutory compliance reporting and filing as well as US GAAP accounting.
- Execute timely and accurate US GAAP general ledger accounting close, including journal preparation, processing and accounts validation;
- Review of journals and reconciliations produced by general ledger transactional team;
- Prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations, review Fixed Asset Accounting;
- Provide analysis of movements in accounts between periods;
- Prepare local VAT/GST/JCT and other statutory and tax returns for timely filing;
- Review and streamline processes and identify areas for potential improvement within the company functions;
- Monitor Internal Controls and ensure compliance with corporate policies and local statutory legislation;
- Prepare annual Statutory Accounts and manage related audits;
- Assist the corporate tax team on local tax related matters;
- Integrate companies acquired by the parent group;
- Participate and support the Corporate Accounting team in projects as required.
- Qualified or close to qualification CPA or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience of working in a multinational environment, preferably in Shared Services Structure
- Additional Language an advantage
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills required
- Commitment to process improvement and best practices implementation
- Ability to work in an environment where compliance with processes and procedures is paramount
- Customer focused – ability to take responsibility to follow through on issues
- Detail oriented, efficient and organized, with ability to work to strict deadlines
- SAP or other ERP knowledge
Our Client has requested that all applicants should hold citizenship of EU or EEA member state OR have permission to reside/work in the Republic of Ireland without the need to obtain, renew or change the status of a Critical Skills Permit/VISA.
Caroline Donlon is the point of contact for this role. To have a chat or to ask any questions you may have, get in touch with her via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via phone at +353 (0) 1 +353 1 9630264