Updated: Monday, 03 December 2018
Role: We are currently seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to join our international Irish owned client. This role will work as part of a team on the development of software systems for our client's embedded Platform and their Machine Vision & Measurement Platform.
Software is central to all our client's products which typically deploy embedded software on a Linux ARM based platform with a range of software products for Data Processing and Visualisation, Realtime Control and Machine Learning. The software products are developed in C++, C# and running in a Windows environment. This role will report to the Software Development Manager and will be based in our Dublin office.
Key responsibilities of the role:
Responsibility for the development of embedded applications on our client's camera platform.
Software Products: Development of software products and tools in C++ for Windows which interact with and process data from embedded applications.
UI Development: Development of UI’s for 2D and 3D Visualisation including machine vision/machine learning processes.
Machine vision: Development of machine vision algorithms for measurement and visualisation.
GUI Maintenance and Development: Maintenance of existing control and configuration GUIs including enhancements and bug fixing.
Qualifications & Experience required are:
1. First or second-class honours degree in a Computer Science\Engineering related discipline,
2. 5+ years industry experience in a Software Engineering role,
3. Resilient and flexible, with the ability to cope with change in a fast-paced environment.
4. Ability to work well as part of a team and be able to build effective relationships across the business.
5. Personal drive for self-development and growth.
6. Demonstrable experience in developing software systems in C++ on Linux and Windows.
It would be advantageous to have experience in some or all the following:
1. Writing software that interacts with Hardware devices.
2. Developing embedded software systems for Linux ARM platforms (Yocto) using Eclipse.
3. Knowledge of SPI/RS232/I2C communication.
4. Knowledge of low-level debugging with JTAG interfaces.
5. Knowledge of the Linux Kernel, U-Boot, device trees and kernel modules/drivers.
6. Writing programs on the baremetal.
7. Proficiency in understanding electronics schematics and use of lab test equipment (e.g. oscilloscope, logic analyser, signal generator etc.).
Do you have experience in any of the following areas:
- Image processing, computer vision and machine vision
- 3D data visualisation and review using point cloud and or image data in a geo spatial environment.
- Processing of 2D &/ 3D data using feature recognition, automated event detection and classification using machine vision and machine learning algorithms
- Data management tools and cloud-based data technologies
Rewards: The Company offers a very competitive salary and benefits package based on market rates, which includes a generous annual leave entitlement, contributory pension, benefits allowance, flexible start & finish times, death in service assurance and permanent health insurance (PHI)
Caroline Donlon is the point of contact for this role. To have a chat or to ask any questions you may have, get in touch with her via e-mail at email@example.com, or via phone at +353 (0) 1 +353 1 9630264
Machine learning, AI, C, C++, Caffee, Linux ARM platforms (Yocto) using Eclipse. SPI/RS232/I2C communication,JTAG interfaces. Linux Kernel, U-Boot, device tree, kernel modules, kernel drivers, FPGA
Third level degree
salary and benefits package based on market rates, which includes a generous annual leave entitlement, contributory pension, benefits allowance, flexible start & finish times, death in service assurance and permanent health insurance (PHI)