Electrical Construction Manager - Dublin
- Prestigious M&E projects including industrial, data centres, pharmaceutical etc.
- One of the top 5 M&E Contractors in Ireland with significant annual turnover.
- Excellent package & career development prospects.
WG Reach are presently recruiting for a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation Contractor for projects in Dublin. Our client are presently recruiting for an experienced Electrical Construction Manager with at least 7 years’ experience in a similar role on Construction projects in Europe.
This role will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to grow their career with one of the most prestigious and well-known M/E/I contractors in Ireland. The role of Electrical Construction Manager comes with an excellent remuneration package and a clear path for career progression within one of Ireland’s leading M&E contractor. You will also gain exposure to some of Ireland’s most prestigious projects in excess of €40 million.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- As an Electrical Construction Manager you will assist the PM in development of construction programme, short term look ahead planning reports, equipment and materials schedules
- Visit site and develop a site establishment schedule in addition to establishing a familiarisation with regards to change management in conjunction with the PM
- As an Electrical Construction Manager you will be tasked with ensuring the preparation and review of Method statement and Risk Assessment with sub-contractors
- Review construction drawings and sign off
- Assist in benchmarking installation practices and Quality procedures
- Develop a daily key action plan that includes HSEQ, productivity and people management
- Attend/Chair internal meetings with sub-contractors
- As an Electrical Construction Manager you will ensure that all variations are picked up in conjunction with PM and QS in addition to ensuring labour allocation sheets are being completed by sub-contractors
- Produce short term programmes in line with master programme/ Mark up master programme each week and issues to PM.
- Effectively manage sub-contractor supervision to enable efficient productivity
- Work closely with other supervisors to ensure effective co-ordination between M&E services
- Integrate with other internal and external supervisors to ensure cross co-ordination of trades and installation processes
- Take ownership and responsibility of issues to drive out solutions in conjunction with Project Manager
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety Policy in particular to the operation of work permits, site safety audits and weekly walk arounds
- Carry out daily walk around adopting a “don’t walk by” approach to safety
- Implement H&S behaviour/culture and Golden Rules
- Plan and co-ordinate delivery of materials and plant
- Liaise with PM on site demobilisation, including plant, labour, materials and site establishment
- Ensure all statutory notices, schematics, wall charts are in place on site in accordance with project completion checklist
- 3rd level qualification in Building Services Engineer / Electrical Engineering or Senior Trades qualification or equivalent
- 7+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong Electrical trades background would be an advantage
- Previous record of delivering small to medium mechanical projects including Commercial, Industrial, pharma, data centre etc.
- Pre-commissioning & system turnover experience along with HVAC and building services experience
- Commercial Awareness
- The ability to multi-task and manage many priorities
- IOSH Managing Safely or CITB SMSTS
- Ability to estimate
For more information about this Electrical Construction Manager Job or other Construction or Engineering roles please contact Alan Mooney on +353 (0)1 963 0142 / +353 (0)87 700 7257