Design Manager | Dublin
- Tier 1 Main Contractor
- Turnover in excess of €250 Million
- Dublin based role
- Prestigious Residential Project
WG Reach’s client is a leading Tier 1 main contractor with an annual turnover in excess of €250 Million. Presently we are recruiting for an experienced Design Manager to be based in Dublin city center on a prestigious residential development.
This Design Coordinator role will involve the co-ordination of those areas of the design process on live project(s) under their control to ensure that the project is built in line with the agreed design and that the design team produces required information to the correct level of detail and in accordance with deadlines set.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate project information, review all documentation, understand project brief and identify deliverables/success factors.
- Assist in briefing of design team.
- Establish and maintain effective communication channels between design team, and Client; as required.
- Co-ordinate commercial and design teams and ensure range of options is considered where appropriate.
- Contribute to Risk and Value Management.
- Manage design team and review and agree design programme, deliverables and cost parameters.
- Maintain information flow and overview design team’s co-ordination and verification process.
- Provide advice and guidance on build ability of design proposals to design and construction teams.
- Monitor, manage and approve design changes in conjunction with Planning and Commercial Teams, ensuring programme and cost effects are agreed.
- Involve design team in supply chain and procurement.
- Identify need for and manage specialist sub-contractor designs.
- Identify and manage third party involvement.
- Contribute to ensuring safe design in accordance with CDM.
- Contribute to provision of “As Built” information and O&M manuals.
- Maintain BMS systems and compile design performance data.
- Produce appropriate design related contract notices with reference to contract procedures and scope.
Necessary Skills & Requirements:
- Degree qualified in construction or similar
- At least 5 years’ experience with a main contractor in a design related role on large scale industrial, commercial or residential projects.
- Working knowledge of equipment and systems.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills; able to manage projects simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality.
For more information on this Design Manager opportunity or other Construction Opportunities, feel free to apply in confidence or speak to Alan Mooney at WG Reach on +353 (0)1 963 0142 / +353 (0)87 700 7257