Role: E-commerce Staff Accountant (Accounts Receivable)
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for cash application and accounting across multiple currencies and payment methods (wire transfers, credit card, direct debit, PayPal, convenience store, channel retailers and cheque), processing customer account adjustments, subscription customer analysis, reconciliations, issue resolution and process improvement. This position requires liaising cross functionally and excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must. The candidate should be able to work under pressure in a dynamic, changing environment. SAP (or similar ERP) experience is a must, together with advanced Excel skills (vlookups, pivot tables, complex formulae). Our client’s AR Dept. is a high volume, demanding department where attention to detail, initiative, drive for process improvement / efficiency and ability to work to tight deadlines is essential. The global AR function of our client is managed in Dublin.
- Analysis and review of subscription customer accounts, including managing required clearings, adjustments and investigations to conclusion.
- Adhere to daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual deadlines including a tight month end close process.
- Journal entry preparation.
- Be attentive to detail with an ability to work in an environment where compliance with processes, procedures & SLA’s is paramount.
- Investigate any anomalies that occur and follow up to conclusion, considering the opportunity for an overall process improvement going forward.
- Ensure and adhere to a strict control environment within the Accounts Receivable department.
- Document processes and ensure documentation is kept up to date.
- Managing a busy mailbox, receiving a wide variety of requests and queries.
- GL, debtor & bank reconciliation preparation.
- Be attentive to detail with an ability to work in an environment where compliance with processes, procedures & SLA’s is paramount
- Post and apply multi-currency customer receipts to customer accounts daily, investigate and resolve customer allocation queries in a timely manner.
- Resolve cash posting issues working cross functionally to resolve any issues.
- Review of aged bank and debtor reconciliations to ensure that reconciling items have been correctly reflected & any outstanding balances are cleared on a timely basis.
Experience & Qualification:
- Have you experience of processing receipts through some/all of the following payment methods: (wire transfers, credit card, direct debit, PayPal, convenience store, channel retailers and cheque)?
- Have you worked with a large global company?
- A business qualification.
- Previous E-commerce Experience
- Do you have 3+ years’ experience (ideally in an AR role)?
- SAP (or similar ERP) experience.
- Advanced MS Excel ability (VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables, complex formulae)
- Previous accounting experience is a plus.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work in an organised manner.
- The energy, enthusiasm and drive to make it happen.
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables and adapt to changing priorities.
- Initiative to work independently, as well as a key team member in a very collaborative team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
Our Client has requested that all applicants should hold citizenship of EU or EEA member state OR have permission to reside/work in the Republic of Ireland without the need to obtain, renew or change the status of a Critical Skills Permit/VISA.
Caroline Donlon is the point of contact for this role. To have a chat or to ask any questions you may have, get in touch with her via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via phone +353 1 9630264