Role: Business Development Manager
Type: Permanent, requiring international travel, flexible work environment
Our client has offices in Melbourne and Dublin and an emerging Northern American, Indian and Chinese market, they help over 80 Higher Education providers around the world to securely certify their academic qualifications online. Their technology secures the achievements of millions of students and graduates and our platform has been used by employers and recruiters in over 50 countries.
The company’s annual income has grown tenfold in the past five years and they have recently secured a significant investment to take the business to the next level and need to rapidly expand our capability and capacity. The executive roles are opportunities for individuals to come together as a team to shape, drive and lead my client through this exciting transformation.
Our client prides ourselves on a positive company culture and working environment. By working at with them you will get an opportunity to work with our highly talented international team and be part of our exciting growth story as we continue to transform the way people’s qualifications are certified and used around the world.
This role will be responsible for driving the Business Development across EMEA through my clients key Products.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• The primary focus of the Business Development Manager will be the development and execution of a business development strategy for Ireland, UK and throughout the EMEA.
• The role will also be responsible for looking at increasing our client’s presence in wider EMEA.
• The role will also be responsible for working with existing key partners identifying opportunities and feeding into the Product Roadmap to support client’s needs.
• Generate New Business opportunities from new partners and by seeking out new opportunities with existing partners.
• Close new business by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
• Screens potential business deals by analysing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials ensuring we enter into the right type of partnerships.
• Developing strong relationship with existing partners ensuring continues to offer value, provides good advice to foster mutually beneficial relationships.
• Develop and establish a thorough understanding of their Core product, the integration process and all relevant legislative requirements
• Identify and develop relationships with key Higher Education stakeholders, industry groups and Third-Party Partners.
• Monitor industry developments relating to potential business opportunities
• Provide input into the development of documentation for sales and marketing collateral and support activities
• Develop and managing a sales funnel of active opportunities and reporting to the Business where required.
• Develop and implement regular reporting to the Commercial Director and the Senior Leadership Team.
• Manage and maintain a sales pipeline including sales cycle status, sales targets, potential revenues, propensity to close etc.
• Proven Business Development experience within education namely post-secondary education or work-based learning organizations.
• Ability to work to achieve revenue targets in a strategic manner.
• Ability to demonstrate a consultative sales approach over a direct sales approach
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Understanding of technology within education and/or outcomes of technological improvements for institutions/students in education and workplaces.
• Display initiative, enthusiasm and an ability to be innovative and add value to the organisation
• Ensure deadlines are met and tasks are completed efficiently and professionally
• Ensure that all client services and financial information are quality controlled to meet the Standards of Business Conduct & Confidentiality Standards
• Maintaining necessary skills commensurate with the requirements of the position
• Maintain a commitment to the company's mission, values and continuous improvement philosophy
• Maintain links with professional associations and networks to ensure you are kept up to date with contemporary thinking and skills
• At least 5+ years’ experience as a Business Development Manager in a similar industry
• Experience of working with the higher education or government sectors
• Data security or privacy experience
• Experience gained working with digital credentials
• Fluent in English with exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including facilitation and negotiation with external parties
Caroline Donlon is the point of contact for this role. To have a chat or to ask any questions you may have, get in touch with her via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via phone +353 1 9012246