BIM Technician/Co-Ordinator | Galway
- Tier 1 Main Contractor
- Turnover in excess of €250 Million
- Galway based role
- Prestigious projects in the Pharmaceutical, Data-Center, Residential, Commercial, Mixed-Use sectors.
WG Reach’s client is a leading Tier 1 main contractor with an annual turnover in excess of €250 Million. Presently we are recruiting for a BIM Technician/Coordinator to be based in Galway.
Duties and responsibilities:
- As a BIM Technician/Coordinator you will provide support in design and draughting resource to prepare engineering drawings and 3D models including all relevant design codes and practices.
- Production of 2D general arrangement drawings from 3D model. Fabrication details from 3D model in the form of 2D piping isometrics / electrical fabrication details.
- Working from engineers/designers calculations and/or rough sketches/drawings to assist in the production of accurate and structured drawings / models suitable for final issue, find solutions to potential issues using own initiative, and experience.
- Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following;
- Co-ordination of 3D multi-discipline engineering model, including clash detection, version control and issuing to client
- Use of Autodesk Navisworks for clashing of 3D models.
- Experience of producing drawings for above and below ground drainage.
- Operate and utilise all the features within the Computer Aided Design equipment (CAD) to produce general arrangements, detailed engineering drawings and three dimensional layouts.
- Ensure that company procedures, especially relating to design work, are followed at all times, company CAD standards implemented, populate and create file structure systems, adhere to outside CAD standards as required by individual projects.
- Understand project budgets, costs and tender allowances.
Necessary skills and requirements:
- 1-3 years’ experience is desirable.
- In depth knowledge of AutoCAD 3D and REVIT MEP is a distinct advantage.
- 3rd level qualification in Architectural Technology or Construction Technology
For more information on this opportunity or other Construction Roles, feel free to apply in confidence or speak to Alan Mooney at WG Reach on +353 (0)1 963 0142 / +353 (0)87 700 7257