Updated: Wednesday, 30 January 2019
Role: Staff Accountant – Accounts Receivable Specialist
If you can answer yes to the following questions, please get in touch!
- Do you have experience with SAP (or similar ERP)?
- Do you have 3+ years’ experience (ideally in an AR role)?
- Do you have advanced Excel skills (VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables, complex formulae)?
- Do you have Change management experience?
- Do you hold a business qualification (accounting inclusive preferred)?
- Have you worked with a large global company?
- Have you worked with multiple currencies?
This hire will be responsible for cash application and accounting across multiple currencies and payment methods, processing customer account adjustments, subscription customer analysis, reconciliations, issue resolution and process improvement. This position requires liaising cross functionally and excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must. The candidate should be able to work under pressure in a dynamic team environment.
- Resolve cash posting issues working cross functionally to resolve any issues.
- Managing a busy mailbox, receiving a wide variety of requests and queries.
- Analysis and review of subscription customer accounts, including managing required clearings, adjustments and investigations to conclusion.
- GL, debtor & bank reconciliation preparation.
- Post and apply multi-currency customer receipts to customer accounts daily, investigate and resolve customer allocation queries in a timely manner.
- Journal entry preparation.
- Adhere to daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual deadlines including the month end close process.
- Be attentive to detail with an ability to work in an environment where compliance with processes, procedures & SLA’s is paramount.
- Investigate any anomalies that occur and follow up to conclusion, considering the opportunity for an overall process improvement going forward.
- Review of aged bank and debtor reconciliations to ensure that reconciling items have been correctly reflected & any outstanding balances are cleared on a timely basis.
- Document processes and ensure documentation is kept up to date.
- Ensure and adhere to a strict control environment within the Accounts Receivable department.
- Initiative to work independently, as well as a key team member.
- Strong work ethic with a desire to improve current processes, self-motivated, ability to work in an organised manner.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- The energy, enthusiasm and drive to make it happen.
Our Client has requested that all applicants should hold citizenship of EU or EEA member state OR have permission to reside/work in the Republic of Ireland without the need to obtain, renew or change the status of a Critical Skills Permit/VISA.
Caroline Donlon is the point of contact for this role. To have a chat or to ask any questions you may have, get in touch with her via e-mail at email@example.com, or via phone +353 1 9630264
SAP, excel, VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables, complex formulae, accounts receivable, general ledger, currencies,
Third level degree
Medical Insurance (inc. family), eye cover, pension scheme, stock purchase scheme, income protection scheme, life assurance, holidays start at 23 days pa, study leave, Other Benefits: Tax Saver Travel Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Educational Assist