Role: Accounts Assistant
Location: Ashbourne, Co. Meath
Our client is a highly regarded manufacturing company based in Ashbourne, Co. Meath. They have a strong commitment to their staff in providing a positive working environment and supporting them in furthering their career. Our innovative culture means everyone, at every level, in every team, is encouraged to have creative ideas; to express them and to share them. Our teams pull together and demonstrate great flexibility with everyone having clear objectives and goals
The successful candidate will be working as part of the finance team with a commitment to achieving deadlines and goals as required.
- Supporting the Finance Department by assisting with the monthly accounts and specific deadlines
- Accounts Receivable/Credit Control, responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate collection of current and aged debt income.
- Monitoring and Ensuring customers are operating within the agreed payment terms
- Prioritising Aged Debt Collection
- Accounts payable and invoice coding/entry
- Other tasks as deemed appropriate by the finance manger
- Ideally 5 years’ experience working in a similar type role
- Accounts Package – QBO and Quantum Payroll an advantage
- Strong skills in Excel
- Strong time management skills with an ability to prioritise
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to work on own initiative and as a team player
- Self-Starter, Ambitious, willingness to learn & take on new tasks
- Ability to work within tight operating deadlines
This is a full-time permanent position. The position is subject to a probationary period of 3 months. Hours of work are 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 7.00am to 2.00pm Friday
There is flexibility around the hours for the right candidate.
Salary is DOE
Please include answers to the following questions with your application:
- Do you have a minimum of 4-5 years accounts administrative experience? What sector and how large was the team that you worked with?
- Have you worked in accounts receivable? Please detail the volume of accounts you were managing and type of targets/SLA's you had to adhere to?
- Do you have advanced Excel skills (VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables, complex formulae)? Please describe some of the formulas you have used on a frequent basis?
- Have you completed monthly accounts/journal postings/adjustments?
Our Client has requested that all applicants should hold citizenship of EU or EEA member state OR have permission to reside/work in the Republic of Ireland without the need to obtain, renew or change the status of a Critical Skills Permit/VISA.
Caroline Donlon is the point of contact for this role. To have a chat or to ask any questions you may have, get in touch with her at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via phone +353 1 901 2246