Role: Accountant - AR– Cash Application Specialist
The Cash Application Specialist will be responsible for cash application and accounting across multiple currencies and payment methods, processing customer account adjustments, ecommerce customer analysis, reconciliations, issue resolution and process improvement. This position requires liaising cross functionally and excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must. The candidate should be able to work under pressure in a dynamic, changing environment. SAP (or similar ERP) experience is a must, together with advanced Excel skills (vlookups, pivot tables, complex formulae).
- Post and apply multi-currency customer receipts to customer accounts daily, investigate and resolve customer allocation queries in a timely manner.
- Analyse and review ecommerce payments, ensuring payments are automatically applied by the system, investigating and acting on items which remain unapplied.
- Managing a busy mailbox, receiving a wide variety of requests and queries.
- Resolve cash posting issues working cross functionally to resolve any issues.
- Adhere to daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual deadlines including a tight month end close process.
- Journal entry preparation.
- Be attentive to detail with an ability to work in an environment where compliance with processes, procedures & SLA’s is paramount.
- Investigate any anomalies that occur and follow up to conclusion, considering the opportunity for an overall process improvement going forward.
- Ensure and adhere to a strict control environment within the Accounts Receivable department.
- Document processes and ensure documentation is kept up to date.
- GL, debtor & bank reconciliation preparation.
- Be attentive to detail with an ability to work in an environment where compliance with processes, procedures & SLA’s is paramount
- Review of aged bank and debtor reconciliations to ensure that reconciling items have been correctly reflected & any outstanding balances are cleared on a timely basis.
- The Accountant will be responsible for cash application and accounting across multiple currencies and payment methods (wire transfers, credit card, direct debit, PayPal, convenience store, channel retailers and cheque), processing customer account adjustments, subscription customer analysis, reconciliations, issue resolution and process improvement.
Experience & Qualification:
- Minimum 2 years’ cash application experience.
- Experience with applying and accounting for ecommerce payments a distinct advantage.
- Educated to third level business qualification not required, but beneficial.
- SAP (or similar ERP) experience.
- Advanced MS Excel ability.
- Previous experience with accounting entries a plus.
- Experience working for a large global company
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work in an organised manner.
- The energy, enthusiasm and drive to make it happen.
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables and adapt to changing priorities.
- Initiative to work independently, as well as a key team member in a very collaborative team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
Our Client has requested that all applicants should hold citizenship of EU or EEA member state OR have permission to reside/work in the Republic of Ireland without the need to obtain, renew or change the status of a Critical Skills Permit/VISA.
Caroline Donlon is the point of contact for this role. To have a chat or to ask any questions you may have, get in touch with her via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via phone +353 1 9630264